- New! Smart Snacks Calculator
- Looking for Healthy Living Ambassadors!
- Win a Scholarship for the Be Healthy Georgia Festival
- Register for Spring 2014 Walk Georgia
- Register for Georgia Walk to School Day!
- Apply for the 2014 Golden Radish Award
- Register Today for School Wellness Summits
- Power Up for 30 at Sope Creek Elementary School
- PE teacher breaks world records to help keep kids active
- Schools find a way to boost exercise
- Georgia SHAPE Partners Launch 2013 Health IT Student Innovation Award Contest
- Chicopee Woods students get kick out of fitness
- Outdoor Workout Zones Bring Fitness to Atlanta Parks
- Schools Recognized For Physical Fitness Innovation
- Georgia SHAPE Travels to New Mexico
- $88,000 to Fight Childhood Obesity
- Braves Foundation Offers Grants to Fund Kids’ Programs
- Coca-Cola Awards $1 Million to Georgia SHAPE
- Get Active with a Free Trip to Zoo Atlanta
- Carrollton City Schools recognized for healthy lunches
- Sope Creek shows off fitness program
- Gov. launches initiative to improve child fitness
- Georgia SHAPE initiative partnerships, support grow
- Running clubs help promote student fitness
- Get fit with ParkPass library loan program
- C.J. the Workout Kid exercises with Anderson Cooper
- Mayors sign on to support SHAPE
- Professor awarded $2.5 million for obesity study
- Groups donate $46,000 in fitness equipment
- Students, Kroc Center partners for obesity intervention
- Strong4Life website relaunched
- Falcons visit to salute school for earning gold medal in SHAPE
- 5 Million Meals Campaign Brings Food to Students
- $87K Awarded to Fight Childhood Obesity
- Annie's School Garden Grants
- Girl Loses 65 Pounds in Fight Against Childhood Obesity
- Social media may help fight childhood obesity
- Childhood Obesity in Ga.’s Early Education Programs Targeted
- Georgia Schools Selected for 2013 Nutrition Program
- Getting Children to Eat Healthy
- Commissioner Details SHAPE’s Fight against Obesity
- Falcons Youth Foundation to Increase Healthy Foods
- Falcons Youth Foundation Pledges Funds for Fitness
- $1,000 for 1,000 Schools
- Youth Fitness Campaign Comes to Georgia
- Announcing 2013 Georgia SHAPE School Grants
- DPH, DOE Encourage Schools to Power Up for 30
- Georgia SHAPE Grants
30 Minutes Every Day, Every School
We invite you to join us as we Power Up for 30 next school year!
Part of Georgia SHAPE, Gov. Nathan Deal's statewide initiative to combat childhood obesity, Power Up for 30 is a voluntary program that encourages every elementary school in Georgia to include an additional 30 minutes of physical activity each day. This physical activity is in addition to structured physical education classes -- not a replacement -- and can be led by any teacher.
Research shows a strong positive relationship between physical fitness and academic achievement. Daily exercise challenges the brain so it can grow. Incorporating just 30 minutes (or more!) of physical activity into the daily school routine without altering the academic schedule can make children more alert and ready to learn.
Where can you find 30 minutes? Before, during or after school! Click here to view a snapshot guide with easy, low-cost fitness ideas to include in your students' daily routine without altering the academic schedule. Click here for a PowerPoint presentation that can help you spread the word to your district leaders and school wellness champions.
To power up and join the movement, we invite your district to sign the Participation Pledge here. Then, like us on Facebook to stay up to date on all the excitement! There will be prizes and incentives along the way for participating in webinars, online chats, social media contests and so much more!
All pledged districts and elementary schools will be provided with innovative ideas, an expanded resource guide, and a welcome survey this September. Visit this portal for all of your Power Up for 30 needs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Copyright © Georgia Shape. All Rights Reserved.