Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray and Yum-O!
Try this no-cook salad for supper, too! Young cooks can help mix all the ingredients together.
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, such as Madras-style
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 pound deli-sliced chicken breast or 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones and chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cucumber, cut in half then sliced into half moons
- Romaine lettuce, for serving
- Whole Wheat pita bread, to serve alongside
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, curry powder and some salt and pepper, to taste. (If the dressing is thick, thin it out with a splash of water so it's the consistency of a vinaigrette).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss well to coat.
- Serve the chicken salad over lettuce with pita bread alongside.