By Rita N., Alicia B., Hunter M. and Trish M. from Charter Oak International Academy, West Hartford, CT.
The Fiesta Wrap is a delicious main dish featuring a quinoa and black bean filling seasoned with cumin, chili powder, lime juice and a medley of shredded carrots, red peppers, red onion and reduced fat cheddar cheese. Students have the option of topping their wraps with fresh tomatoes, corn salsa or a fiesta sauce.
Serving size: 1/2 cup filling
|From Saturated Fat||7.7%|
|Ingredient||6 servings||50 servings|
|drained, rinsed Black beans||1 1/2 cup||12 1/2 cups|
|Quinoa||1/4 (1 Cup)||2 (1 Cup)|
|Carrots, raw||1/3 cup + 1 1/4 tsp.||3 cups|
|Cheese, cheddar white, reduced fat, shredded||1 7/8 ozs||15 oz|
|Peppers, sweet, red, raw||3 tbsp + 2 1/2 tsp (chopped)||2 Cups chopped|
|Onions, fresh, red, raw||3 tbsp + 2 1/2 tsp (chopped)||2 cups chopped|
|Chili powder||3/4 tsp||2 TBSP|
|Cumin||1 1/8 tsp||3 TBSP|
|Lime juice, raw||1 1/8 tsp||3 TBSP|
|Tortillas, Ready-To-Bake, Flour||6 6" diameter||50 6" diameter|
|Oil, vegetable||2 7/8 tsp||1/2 cup|
- Soak 1/4 cup quinoa in water for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Cook quinoa in 1/2 cup of water for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Drain black beans. Measure out 1/2 cup of beans and hand mash.
- Place ingredients all ingredients including whole and mashed beans, quinoa, carrots, cheese, peppers, onions, chili powder, cumin and lime juice in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Place a #8 scoop (1/2 cup) portion of fiesta mix onto a 6 inch tortilla. Spread onto bottom half of tortilla and fold to make a half moon shape. Place each wrap on a sheet pan (hotel pan)and brush lightly with oil.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy with fresh tomatoes, corn salsa, lettuce and/or fiesta sauce.