By Jeanne S., Lauren M., Jeanne G. and Rodney P. from Bellingham Public Schools, Bellingham, MA.
A healthy kid friendly alternative to traditional 'fried' tater tots. This item scored highest in all of our samplings. Best of all no one guessed the binder was 'chic peas'
Serving size: 6
|From Saturated Fat||3.77%|
|Ingredient||6 servings||50 servings|
|Yams, raw||1.5 lb||12 lb|
|garbanzo beans, canned, undraines||3/4 cup||1 #10 can|
|Oil, vegetable||2 tbs||1 cup|
|Salt||1/2 tsp||1 tbs|
|Pepper, white||1/4 tsp||2 tsp|
|Onion Powder||1/2 tsp||4 tsp|
|Cinnamon, ground||1/2 tsp||4 tsp|
- Steam or boil yams until barely tender, approximately 15 minutes, let cool. Peel. Shred yams using course blade (1/4" to 11/32").
- Puree Garbanzo Beans, including liquid until smooth
- Combine shredded yams and pureed garbarbanzo bean with remaining ingredients.
- Spray Sheet pans with Pan Spray
- Using #40 scoop, scoop 1 inch apart on prepared sheet pans.
- Bake at 400° for approximately 10-12 minutes, until starting to brown.