Being active and healthy makes children better prepared to learn and achieve in the classroom. Power Up for 30 is a great way for schools to get their students moving while also enhancing the learning environment. So why should your school Power Up?
- Research shows a positive relationship between physical activity and attendance, classroom behavior and academic performance.
- Just 20 minutes of walking can stimulate brain pathways that help enhance learning.
- Children in Georgia need our help: 41 percent are at an unhealthy weight, and 25 percent can’t pass any of five basic health-related fitness tests.
- Power Up for 30 allows each school to implement physical activity in a way that fits their environment using their current resources and personnel.
- Power Up for 30 can add physical activity before, during and after the school day using fun and innovative integration strategies.
- Power Up for 30 is in addition to, not a replacement for, regular physical education.
- Every school that takes the Power Up Pledge will receive free training, low- or no-cost resources and ongoing technical support.
- Hundreds of schools around Georgia have already taken the pledge! So what are you waiting for?
Check out our Power Up for 30 slideshow today!
- For more information on how your school can get involved, to request the link for the Power Up for 30 survey or to check on your school’s survey completion status, please contact email@example.com